ICBI’s game-changing SMART Molecule Technology Platform is capable of delivering therapeutic drugs across the blood-brain barrier and into the central nervous system to treat neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
Our SMART Molecules are ready to be tested in human patients for clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
An incremental step towards the mass distribution of our technology involves generating large quantities of the SMART Molecules by employing cloning procedures following GMP regulations.
For more details on our Phase 1 clinical trials, we invite you to view our Investor Section page to find more materials and information on our current capital raise.Learn More
Changing the course of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
ICBI is developing breakthrough sciences and therapeutic drugs to help treat the combined total of 30 million individuals around the world battling these diseases. Through the SMART Molecule Technology Platform, ICBI hopes to eradicate other brain and body diseases (e.g. neurodegenerative diseases, cancers).
Crossing the Blood-Brain Barrier to transport therapeutic drugs to the Brain.
ICBI is developing biologics that specifically target pathologic proteins in the central nervous system, thereby offering clinical potential for early diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.Learn More
Since the company’s inception in 2008, ICBI scientists have published and worked extensively to produce a body of work respected by many institutions across the world.
- Approval of US Patent: Blood-Brain Barrier Permeable Peptide Compositions, US 16/136,058.
- Constructed several expression vectors for optimization of α-Syn-SM.
- Approval of European Patent: Blood-Brain Barrier Permeable Peptide Compositions, EP2754670A1.
- Demonstrated dose dependent therapeutic effect of Parkinson’s potential drug, α-Syn-SM.
- Submitted a divisional patent application to the US Patent Office (USPTO).
- Approval of US Patent: Blood-Brain Barrier Permeable Peptide Compositions, US 10, 112,987 B2.
- Approval of US Patent: Blood-Brain Barrier Permeable Peptide Compositions, US 10, 112,988 B2.
- Submitted a divisional patent application to the European Patent Office.
- Cloned and expressed a-Syn-antibody.
- Approval of European Patent: Blood-Brain Barrier Permeable Peptide Compositions, EP 2664625B1.
- Submitted two divisional patent applications
- Studied therapeutic efficacy of Aβ-SM in transgenic mice.
- Successfully completed Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) grant project and submitted report
- Conducted therapeutic efficacy study on Parkinson’s drug (α-Syn-SM) in animal model and presented data at MJFF Annual Parkinson’s Therapeutic Conference in New York – October 23, 2016.
- Demonstrated a substantial reduction of pathogenic Parkinson’s protein, α-synuclein, in vivo
- Dr. Serge Muyldermans (Vrije Universiteit Brussel; Brussels, Belgium) joined our scientific advisory team. Dr. Muylderman is the world’s expert in single-domain antibodies.
- Second European patent approved (EP 23506555)
- Received unsolicited inquiries from seven major pharmaceutical companies
- Awarded grant from the Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF)
- Fifth patent application submitted to the US Patent Office
- Launched collaboration with UC Irvine to study the pharmacodynamics of one of our SMART Molecules (SM)
- SM technology presented at the MJFF in November
- Generated SM for phosphorylated-tau to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- Small Animal PET-Imaging Scanner (Genesys 4) from Sofi Bio established
- Submitted fourth utility patent to the US Patent Office
- Unprecedented live imaging of Parkinson’s disease lesions in the brains of Parkinson’s mice
- Demonstrated BBB uptake and studied pharmacology of α-Syn-SM at the Center of Molecular Imaging, Canada
- Demonstrated integrity of the BBB in Transgenic and Non-Transgenic mice
- Developed tracers for imaging α-synuclein in Parkinson’s disease
- Generated two additional SMs for Alzheimer’s disease and one for Parkinson’s disease
- Awarded Grant from the Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF)
- Developed α-Synuclein-Smart Molecule (α-Syn-SM) to diagnose and modify Parkinson’s disease
- Demonstrated proof-of-concept in an animal model: BBB permeability and binding to pathological lesions in the brain of Parkinson’s mice
- Submitted third utility patent to the US Patent Office
- Established BBB permeability of ICBI anti-Alzheimer’s molecule
- Established BBB permeability of anti- Parkinson’s molecule
- Demonstrated proof-of-concept in an animal model: BBB permeability and binding to pathological lesions in the brain of Alzheimer’s mice